I feel like I've been sleep-walking through this week and have no idea how it's Friday, but I'll take it! Here's what put the sparkle into my week:
- The ever-elusive Tuxedo Cat made an appearance last Friday! I first spotted him sprawled out on the sidewalk by his house, casually bathing himself with one white leg sticking up in the air (seriously), but as soon as I got closeish to him, this happened:
He went directly into hiding! What an adorable jerk! He's basically this guy IRL:
- On Saturday, I popped into Ulta and what song comes on but Whitney's version of "I'm Every Woman." I recognized it immediately and was like YASSSSS Ulta Dance Party! #ChakaKhan
- Fun fact: I have a terrible sense of balance. So, of course, that's something we've been working on in physical therapy, and this week, I was actually able to do a full set of kicks (10 to the front, 10 to the side, and 10 to the back with each leg) in this contraption without stumbling!! Hooray! All excited about my accomplishment, I hopped on the leg press, and that felt damn near impossible! Afterward, my physical therapist casually said, "Oh, did you notice I bumped up the leg press for you?" Huh, I had no idea! haha At least I'm not getting weaker!
- One of my July Goals was to get an EZ Pass for my car, and I did it! It arrived last week, and it is SO NICE to just breeze on down the highway without having to stop for a ticket or to pay the toll (which inevitably takes forever). I never ever thought I would see the highway as something that I could "breeze on down" all chill, but wonders never cease!
- So the DNC is here in Philly this week. (WHAT?! NO WAY.) I didn't check out the festivities in person because crowds + traffic = HARD PASS. (Pops and his group did busk on Wednesday, though, and were apparently photographed by the New York Times!) I'm not into politics, but I do like the Obamas and was disappointed to miss Michelle's speech (and the Bachelorette *gasp*) on Monday because our power was out. UGH. Luckily, I read up on both on my phone and kept Pops informed of the latest developments:
I did get to see Obama's speech on Wednesday, and I really enjoyed it. While obviously relevant to the "big picture" of the election, his call to reject fear and cynicism resonated with me so much in my own struggle with anxiety and dysfunction. I was like, "FOUR FOR YOU, POTUS! YOU GO, POTUS!" And then seeing the first female presidential nominee in US history speak the next night? Damn.
Hey, it's the weekend! Hope it's a good one! xo